ANDI is a large-scale project ...
ANDI is a large-scale project of national scope and importance. It has been supported to this point through the provision of seed funding, resources and advisory support from its existing partner base.
Its successful delivery relies on further assistance from a broader group of partners, in the form of in-kind support and funding. The project’s success will largely rely on the willingness of partners to share their knowledge, networks and time.
The overall projected funding target for ANDI is $3 million to end-2013. Provision of in-kind support will reduce the level of funding required. ANDI will become a stand-alone organisation in 2011 and will support an Australia-wide consultation program to test what should be in the domains and index. Finally, ANDI will support the development and release of detailed domain reports and Australia’s first composite index of progress.
Donations will be an important component of support through generous donations of time, expertise and advice. Funding for the first three years of ANDI’s operation are also important to establish the tool. The major cost component will be for national community engagement program.
We estimate the following levels of funding and in-kind support will be required to the end of 2013.
Beyond its initial three years, during which ANDI will be supported by its partners, a number of options will be pursued to ensure its long-term financial sustainability.
- Philanthropic, government and corporate support to sustain the index and the ANDI community engagement process
- Government research funds to support specific innovative and collaborative research tasks
- Corporate and organisational contributions to specific domain area indicators or indices
- Sales of more detailed information collections
- Sales of information about how users navigate the ANDI website and thorough this, how ANDI users define progress and wellbeing
- Receipt of international funding, such as from the OECD, for the management of internationally comparable collections
- Provision of consulting support by specialist staff about progress and wellbeing